I don't normally bake (although I love it) because I usually end up with tons of sweets sitting in my home begging to be eaten.
I have a major sweet tooth; it is my weakness!
Every Monday we have Girls Night where a bunch of girls get together and watch trashy tv - The Bachellorette (I swear I'd never watch The Bachelorette or The Bachelor if it weren't for Girls night!)
Anyways, tomorrow is my turn to make dinner and desert for everyone. Dinner - I'm making my famous homemade pizza one white sauce and one red sauce. Since those take so much time to bake, I decided to bake the desert today: Lemon Zest Cookies! Below is the recipe and some photos!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (almost melted)
- 1 small lemon - for juice (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix the butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt in a bowl. Mix very well.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients until moist.
- Spoon dough into about golf ball size.
- Place on non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over cookies once out of oven.