Run Austin Run Half Marathon - USA Production Racing Series - October 11
My goals for the race
- Cut 20 minutes from my last half marathon (don't know how crazy this is) - run it in 2:37 (roughly 12 minute/mile) - Going to try to reach this by running more and walking less in the race. I think I should be faster because I've been running longer (last half, I had only been running 4 months).
- Lose 10 more pounds before the race - Not a major goal, should happen just because I'm training and eating healthy.
- Stay injury free - This shouldn't really need an explanation.
- Continue to have fun training - Also doesn't need an explanation.
Some things I remember from my last half marathon (which was my first race ever).
- Mile 1 - the guys in front of my stopped to take a picture at the "Mile 1" sign
- Mile 3 - the cute guy volunteer thought he was encouraging by saying "Only 10 more miles to go" my reply "Oh gee thanks!" - made me smile though
- Miles 6-8 - Pretty much thought I was completely crazy!
- Mile 9 - It started sinking in that I was about to finish a freaking half marathon!!! That made me very happy!
- Mile 10 - passed a college neighborhood, one of the guys was in his front yard drinking mimosas trying to get me to stop running (I was SO tempted)
- 500 yards left - started sprinting to the finish
- Finish Line - I cried...never been more happy or more proud of myself