Fruity Pancakes (GF, DF, Vegan)
- Your favorite GF pancake mix (I chose GF Pantry)
- Fresh, organic orange juice
- 5-6 Fresh, organic strawberries
- 1/2 c Frozen, organic blueberries
- 1 egg (or 1/2 mashed banana for a vegan version)
- Ghee (clarified butter aka dairy-free butter) OR your fav vegan butter
- Olive oil
- Organic coconut oil
GF pancake mix
Finely chop strawberries and set aside. Follow the directions of your GF pancake mix except for the milk. Use the orange juice oz-for-oz instead of the milk. (So if your mix calls for 1c of milk, use 1c of orange juice instead). If you are opting for the vegan route, use 1/2 mashed banana for each egg the recipe calls for. (So if your mix calls for 2 eggs, use 1 whole banana and mash it instead). Mix all your ingredients in a bowl. Add chopped strawberries and blueberries to pancake mix. Mix well. Add coconut oil to pan. Use 1/2c measuring cup to scoop pancakes. Put desirable amount of Ghee on pancake immediately after the pancake is removed from the pan. Makes 6 very delicious pancakes.
I used a minimal amount sugar-free syrup. I probably won't use syrup at all next time, they really didn't need it.